Because Rufus asked for my little ritual drink, because she and many girlfriends are off the bubbles and growing babies, here’s a little cosy afternoon (or anytime) drink. Boys are allowed some too.
There’s been a lot of talk about ‘golden milk’ on so many different blogs this year. This is just my version. Google will be generous with information why we should treat our bodies with turmeric. Check out the facts. Basically, it’s an inflammation buster, stronger than most medicines. Add it to turmeric root, sliced to your olive oil bottle so you don’t even have to think about adding it to your meal. Or cosy up with this, like I’m doing right now.
Here we go:
- 1 cup or mug of unsweetened oat milk, rice milk, almond milk or plant milk of your choice – bought or home-made (not sure how to make it? No worries. First start with shop plant milk. Ask me later for how to make it).
Then you need spices…
- 1/2 or 1 tsp of ground turmeric (of course)
- Then you have some choices based on what you like – t try about 1/3 tsp ground cardamom or cinnamon.
- 1/3 tsp of pure vanilla powder. I adore this stuff. It’s a magic childhood time-machine.
- Pinch of cayenne pepper to stimulate circulation and eliminate acidity (yeah for new year gorgeous bodies with simple ingredients)
- pinch of black pepper since that increases the bio-availability of turmeric like crazy.
Heat all that up in a saucepan carefully until it’s steaming but not boiling.
Add as much or as little as you want of honey, date syrup or maple syrup.
Pick your favourite mug. Cosy up.
“My Cup Runneth Over” is so true. So satisfying, just this.
Happy Bellies and Blwyddyn Newydd Dda.